Typical plating includes brass, nickel, cadmium, zinc, silver, copper, and gold. Electroplating wastewater is typically from washing, rinsing and batch dumps and is at a low pH of ~3-5 and contains soluble forms of the various metals. In order to remove soluble metals from the wastewater it must first be made insoluble. The insoluble metal is then coagulated, flocculated and clarified by sedimentation.
The typical method to reduce and remove soluble electroplating metals from wastewater is as follows:
1. pH is raised from ~3 to 8.5 with the pH controller using caustic while adding a coagulant such as ferric chloride. Testing of the wastewater may confirm that a coagulant is not needed. A “pin floc” is developed indicating the metal is insoluble. Some applications have plating enhancing chemicals present, emulsifiers and such that may require more sophisticated high performance coagulants to break the bonds and allow the metal to precipitate.
2. The wastewater with it’s precipitated pin floc is introduced to the flash mix zone where a polymer flocculent is added. This stage maximizes flocculent dispersion throughout the coagulated wastewater.
3. The wastewater is now introduced to the slow mix zone to agglomerate the pin floc into larger rapid settling particles.
4. The flocculated wastewater is introduced into the clarifier where the settling particles land on the inclined plates and are directed downward and into the sludge chamber. The clarified treated water then exits the top of the clarifier and flows downstream to sewer or further treatment if necessary.
5. The resulting clarifier waste sludge is periodically removed from the clarifier at a slow rate and sent to the sludge holding tank where it further thickens and accumulates a batch for disposal or processing in a filter press.
6. The thickened clarifier sludge is allowed to accumulate sufficiently to provide a full batch for the Filter Press. The filter press is pumped full of the sludge until it is full. The filter press is then emptied of the “cake” which is a semi solid of approximately 20-35 % solids. Sludge cake is high in phosphate and should be disposed of according to environmental regulations.
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Unit|
|Control Module||Control Module Available|
|Water Source||Industrial Effluent, Commercial Waste Water|
|Industry||Paper Mills, Leather Industry, Automobile, Chemical/Petroleum Industry, Distillery, textile industry, Sugar Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Dairy Industry|
|Treatment Stages||Preliminary Treatment, Primary Treatment, Tertiary Treatment, Secondary Treatment|
|Installation Type||Containerized Plug & Play, Completes Civil work with Installation, Prefabricated|
Electroplating wastewater contains highly toxic cyanide, cyanide complexes and metal ions that makes treatment a complex problem. As the electroplating industries are located in tiny and unorganized sectors in India the problem becomes graver. Due to lack of technology, Automation and process control, there is considerable change in the effluent coming from these industries. Therefore the effluent exerts variable characteristics. It is observed that effluent has high BOD/ COD, SS, DS, TS, Colour, and Turbidity and there is depletion of oxygen. Proper treatment has to be provided for the safe discharge of electroplating effluent. The paper deals with the study of different processes for the reduction of pollution load related to this industry. Basically the paper covers all the different methods that have been used for the treatment of this waste along with the recent development of treatment. The benefits and limitations of the process has been discussed. The paper will be helpful in the selection of effective treatment method based on the quantity and characteristic of the effluent generated. It will help in further optimizing the process parameters.
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Unit|
|Capacity (cubic meters per hour)||1 kld to 1000 kld|
Ventilair Engineers is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Industrial Effluent treatment plants for.These effluent treatment plants are used by different industries to reduce the potential for pollution and to comply with discharge consent conditions.
Effluent treatment plant utilizes different technologies and processes for treatment of the waste. They can be streamlined for physiochemical treatment and biological treatment followed by tertiary treatment. Integrated functions with user friendly control makes the operation much easier. Our engineers can also custom design effluent treatment plants based on the specific requirements of the clients. Industrial wastewaters from certain industries don't meet the standards) for discharge, and certainly not for reuse as process water. First of all, the toxic components have to be removed from the wastewater flow. Physicochemical wastewater treatment is a frequently used technique in the area of wastewater treatment. Physicochemical wastewater treatment techniques are applied for the removal of heavy metals, oils and greases, suspended matter and emulating organic substances, organic and inorganic components, difficult to decompose, non polar organic substances, toxic pollutants or high salt concentrations, phosphorus.
The physicochemical wastewater treatment techniques are used as pre-treatment, final treatment as well as specific treatment for wastewater reuse as process water. We have a huge range for effluent treatment these areETP for Vehicle Washing (water recycling plant)Turnkey Etp, Etp for Rice Mill, Etp for Small Food Industries, Etp for Dry-Clean Industries Etp for Textile Industries, Etp for Food industries Etp for Oily Water, Etp for Laundry, Water, ETP, Industrial Etp, ETP for various Industries, Packaged ETP, Etp for Print Industry, ETP for Seeds Rinsing, Etp for Rail Coach, ETP for Iron Removal, ETP Plant For Automobile, Small Scale ETP, ETP For Oils And Grease Removal, Complex Organic Chemicals Industry Etp, Etp For Acids And Alkalis, ETP for Dying Industry, ETP for Electroplating Plant, Etp for Hospital, Etp for Paper Industry, Physico- Chemical Process Of WTP Waste Water treatment & Recycle Machine, Wastewater Treatment Plant For Construction (MBBR Process, Etp for Pulp And Paper Industry, ETP For Fabric Factory, Etp for Construction Site.Metal & forging industry, casting industry, carpet industry etc.